As data ages or becomes sensitive, Index Engines can easily find it and manage it based on the appropriate data center polices.
Index Engines maintains logs of all disposition activity, including data deletion that details the date and disposition of the file and the user who executed the action. This supports defensible and reliable data dispositions including archiving, deletion, migration and extraction.
Based on an organization's policy, specific files or email can be archived and preserved through the intuitive user interface. Custom retention policies can then be defined and the disposition of relevant data-including native files and email-can be automated to support the organization's governance initiative.
As disposition of the data is performed, logs will be maintained that detail the date and disposition of the document, including the user who executed the disposition, enabling secure execution of defensible deletion, migration and archiving policies.
- Copy/Migrate: Migrate or tier data to any network share or cloud storage. Data is copied and stored on a less expensive or more appropriate location and all metadata remains unchanged.
- Archive: Based on any search parameters, sensitive content can be found and preserved within the Index Engines integrated archive for long-term retention.
- Extraction: Data that is contained within a repository such as an email database or a backup image can be extracted to disk in its native format.
- Defensible Deletion: Find and manage aged or abandoned data that no longer has business value and purge it from the data center. Validation checks the modified date or optionally the signature of the document to ensure deletion occurs on documents that have not been changed.
- Output Listings for 3rd Party Tools: Full path and filename listings are available through a downloadable text file, allowing the use of third party tools and utilities to manage disposition. This includes options to encrypt or secure data.